Frequently Asked Questions
Are your shampoo and conditioner bars sulphate-free? Silicone-free? Paraben-free? Phthalate-free?
The sulphate-free cleansing ingredient in all of our shampoo bars is called sodium cocoyl isethionate. It is made from renewable coconut fatty acids and is fully biodegradable. It is commonly known as "Baby Foam" due to its exceptional mildness, light scent, and conditioning cleansing properties, making it gentle enough for use on even the most delicate baby skin. Sodium cocoyl isethionate exhibits high foaming ability, and produces a stable, rich and velvety lather that does not dehydrate the skin. This high-performance ingredient is equally effective in both hard and soft water.
Behentrimonium methosulfate, the active ingredient in our conditioner bars, is derived from rapeseed oil. It binds to the hair shaft resulting in silky, smooth, lustrous hair that holds a style. If you are looking to stay away from silicone-based ingredients, they can usually be recognized by names ending in ‘cone' (ie. cyclomethicone, dimethicone, methicone).
- Don’t exert tons of pressure! Light circular motions on your scalp and gently running down your hair shaft will do the trick. The bars are solid but they are not unbreakable.
- The shampoo bars lather quickly and once you find you have enough lather to sufficiently cleanse your scalp, stop there! Working up a crazy voluminous lather isn’t more effective... you’ll just use your bar up faster. Less is more.
- The conditioner becomes “activated” by coming into contact with water. If you feel like you don’t have enough in your hair, add a little bit of water to get it going and go from there... you'll find that a little goes a long way!
- The large bars can be cut in half with a sharp knife and used one half at a time.
- If the bars break for any reason, use a soap saver bag for your shampoo bar and the re-melt and mold method for your conditioner bar. Read more about that here.
- *** Most importantly, remove from any spraying water and puddles so your bars can dry properly between use! ***