It's an uphill battle for us redheads. If you haven't already experienced this for yourself, red hair dye fades the quickest compared to other dyes. This is because it has a comparatively larger colour molecule causing it rinse out faster as you wash your hair. This, coupled with the sun, heat-styling, swimming in chlorinated water, etc. means your red will fade even faster.
This is where Red shampoo comes in.
How does Red Shampoo Work? ❤️
Red Suds and Silk are pigment depositing shampoo and conditioner bars. As the products work through your hair, an assortment of colour correcting pigments are retained on your tresses. The bars are designed to work gradually, subtly enhancing red tones to refresh & restore vibrancy with continued use.
From strawberry blonde to coppery ginger and deep auburn, all redheads can benefit from using a Red shampoo and conditioner bar if a little boost in colour is what you're after!
What Makes our Red Shampoo Bar Different?
The first of it's kind, our zero-waste Red Suds and Silk bars are a results-driven colour correcting system designed to extend the time between salon visits. Simple, effective ingredients paired with vibrant red pigments make our bars the best of the best! Our Red shampoo and conditioner bars are vegan, pH balanced, 99% plant & mineral based, and made in Canada. They are gentle enough for daily use and are super travel-friendly for use on a weekend adventure or far-away holiday. ✈️
Each bar offers the same benefits as other well-known red shampoo and conditioners on the market, without any of the plastic waste. As far as we know, no other products like this exist yet in the haircare world!
How often should you use Red Shampoo?
This is a tough question as haircare is so personal. How often you use your Red shampoo and conditioner bars is totally up to you!
For best results, we recommend to use it as you would your regular shampoo and conditioner. If your hair is very porous and the colour is depositing more than you would like, feel free to drop your usage down to once a week.
How to use the Red Suds and Silk bars to Refresh your Red ❤️
- Thoroughly wet hair. Keeping the water temperature low will help with colour fading
- Massage Red Suds shampoo bar against your head, focusing on the scalp
- Massage product into hair, leave in for 2-3 minutes to process
- Rinse thoroughly
- Follow with Red Silk conditioner bar
- Run bar over hair from nape of neck towards ends of hair. Circular motions may be required for longer hair to work the conditioner in more
- Leave in for 3-5 minutes or longer if needed. This part is completely up to you!
- Rinse thoroughly
- Leave bars to fully dry in between use. These bars can stain fabric (like your shower curtain) or surfaces if left unwashed for long periods of time. We recommend using a soap dish that will catch any 'drippage' from the bars. Our soap dish is a great option as it drains into a contained area. It is made from 100% Canadian post-consumer recycled plastic and is dishwasher safe!
Take this quiz to discover your perfect shampoo and conditioner bar match!
Happy washing! ❤️
- Green Room Girls xo