What is Green Shampoo? 💚
You've likely heard of Purple Shampoo - the holy grail of haircare for blondes. Green shampoo is the lesser known distant relative to blonde toning shampoos. While blondes typically struggle with brass and yellow tones, people with deep shades of brown and black hair have natural red undertones. When our hair is exposed to elements such as UV rays & chlorine, or when we mess with our hair, whether it be through lightening or heat styling, our rich dark strands can start to appear red-ish or rusty. This is a product of naturally occurring red melanin in our hair starting to peak through.
This is where Green shampoo comes in.
How Does Green Shampoo Work?
Let's circle back to grade school art class - do you remember the colour wheel? Colours that sit opposite each other on the wheel are complementary. Opposing colours cancel, or neutralize, each other out.
Red and green are complementary colours that we can use to our advantage. If we want to get rid of red undertones, we need to neutralize them with green pigment. Our rich emerald green colour depositing shampoo and conditioner bars add deep, cool tones to your hair, thus eliminating those pesky warm undertones.
Regular use of our Green Suds and Silk bars will keep your colour rich and chocolatey in-between salon visits.
What Makes our Green Shampoo Bar Different?
Green shampoo and conditioner is a fairly new concept with few options on the market. Our colour correcting Green shampoo and conditioner system neutralizes unwanted red undertones, while keeping hair shiny and healthy. All of our formulas are simple and effective and can be purchased 'naked' or packaged in 100% recyclable paper boxes. Our solid colour-correcting shampoo and conditioner bar collection is the first of it's kind, making waves as the go-to eco-friendly alternatives of choice in the haircare world. Each bar offers the same benefits as the best green shampoo and conditioners on the market, but without any of the plastic waste!
Our formulas are gentle enough for regular application and will deliver noticeable results with consistent use. The bars are vegan, pH balanced, 99% plant & mineral based, and made in Canada. They are also super travel-friendly and can be easily stowed away for a weekend adventure or destination holiday. ✈️
Who should use Green Shampoo?
- Dark brunettes and black haired honeys
How often should you use Green Shampoo?
How often you use the Green Suds and Silk Bars is totally up to you! For best results, we recommend to use it as you would your regular shampoo and conditioner. If your hair is very porous and the colour is depositing more than you would like, feel free to drop your usage down to once a week.
How to use the Green Shampoo & Conditioner Bar?
- Thoroughly wet hair
- Massage Green Suds shampoo bar against your head, focusing on the scalp
- Massage product into hair, leave in for 2-3 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly
- Follow with Green Silk conditioner bar
- Run bar over hair from nape of neck towards ends of hair. Circular motions may be required for longer hair to work the conditioner in more.
- Leave in for 3-5 minutes or longer if needed. This part is completely up to you!
- Rinse thoroughly
- Leave bars to fully dry in between use. These bars can stain fabric (like your shower curtain) or surfaces if left unwashed for long periods of time. We recommend using a soap dish that will catch any 'drippage' from the bars. Our soap dish is a great option as it drains into a contained area. It is made from 100% Canadian post-consumer recycled plastic and is dishwasher safe!
Happy washing! 💚
- Green Room Girls xo